According to the UWC RDM Policy, all long-term management of any conducted research that is formally associated with UWC needs to be described with a DMP. Various free and openly available DMP tools are available, and we recommend the following tools to help researchers create their own DMPs:
- DMPOnline is a popular and effective tool that was created by the Digital Curation Centre (DCC). We strongly recommend using this tool if a researcher is looking to use an online tool.
- ARGOS is the joint effort of OpenAIRE and EUDAT to deliver an open platform for Data Management Planning that addresses FAIR and Open best practices and assumes no barriers for its use and adoption.
- Dmptool was created by the University of California Curation Center (UC3).
UWC-Specific Templates and Checklists
- A useful DMP spreadsheet template has been created by the UWC RDM team to help researchers build their own data management plans.
- A useful checklist document for those undertaking projects involve large and complex datasets that include personal data can be downloaded below.
Although each DMP will be unique, it can be useful to view other DMPs. There are various archives of publicly available DMPs: