The eResearch Office (ERO) at UWC was established on 1st April 2019. The eResearch Office (ERO) promotes and supports the use of advanced information technologies to foster better, faster and higher-impact research. More specifically, its mission is to:
- Advise researchers and postgraduate students about their data-intensive research and research data management needs;
- Coordinate data-intensive research and postgraduate student training activities on campus;
- Organise research data management courses following the Carpentries approach;
- Provide in-house shared research computing resources;
- Facilitate UWC’s access to regional, national and international computing resources.
The eResearch Office subscribes to the FAIR Guiding Principles, whereby “all research objects should be Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable (FAIR) both for machines and for people”1. Moreover, we believe that data should strive to be as open as possible, and as closed as necessary2.