Research Data Management
Research Data Services
The UWC Research Data Services provides guidance and support for all aspects of the data life-cycle, from planning your data management during the proposal phase through preserving your data at the conclusion of the research project
Useful tools to address research data management challenges:
An online tool for the creation of data management plans (DMPs). Includes DMP templates for many funders.
A searchable list of data repositories to locate an appropriate place to archive research data.
A database of metadata schema; browse by discipline, results include related tools for capturing or creating metadata.
To promote open access to research data, many funding agencies require research data produced as a funded project to be made publicly available. Many funding agencies have stipulated requirements for data sharing and a formal data management plan.
Closer to home, the National Research Foundation (NRF) issued its own statement. See the full statement link below;
The following is a selection of the core funding agencies for the potential researcher to consider:
- National Research Foundation - NRF (RSA)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (USA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF) USA
- The Royal Society - Grant, Schemes & Awards (UK)
- Welcome Trust (UK)
RDM services @ UWC Library
- Advisory services
- Consultation sessions relating to the following areas:
- Creation of data management plans
- Management of research data during the research process
- Management of research data after the conclusion of the research process
- Data sharing and dissemination methods
- Appropriate mediums for sharing and disseminating research data