North-West University (NWU) is hosting a Carpentries Instructor Training online workshop on 17-21 May 2021. Interested applicants can apply through the website.
The Carpentries project comprises communities of Instructors, Trainers, Maintainers, helpers, and supporters from Software Carpentry, Data Carpentry and Library Carpentry who share a mission to teach foundational computational and data science skills.
The workshop aims to:
- Introduce participants to evidence-based best-practices of teaching.
- Teach participants how to create a positive environment for learners at workshops.
- Provide opportunities to practice and build teaching skills.
- Help participants become integrated into the Carpentries community.
- Prepare participants to use the teaching skills in teaching Carpentries workshops.
The training is free, although, in order to avoid attendee space being wasted, a penalty will be imposed on applicants who commit to the workshop and miss it.